Tenancy Information – guides and forms

As a Tenant, you will have responsibilities to Castlehill as your landlord.  The details are available in your tenancy agreement, and the tenant-approved handbook which can be accessed from the tenant-centric pages in this site.

It is important you know your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, and what you can expect from us as your landlord. You have a responsibility to tell us about any changes to your tenancy. Forms are available if you want to apply or inform us of any of the following, as you will need our written permission for certain situations:

Change your name

It is important to tell us of a name change – please fill in this name change form to ensure our records are kept up to date.

Make changes to your household

We need to know the details of everyone who lives in your home.  If anyone moves out or if you want someone to move into your property, you need to complete the household details form. 

Create a joint tenancy

Joint tenants have exactly the same rights and responsibilities as each other. A joint tenant must be someone who is not already a tenant or owner of another property and who will live in the property as their only or principal home.  They must also have lived at the address for at least 12 months. You need to complete a joint tenancy application form.

Someone to act as your proxy.

If you would like to give someone permission to act on your behalf, you must let us know. This is known as nominating a proxy. Please fill in the proxy form.

Keep a pet

If you do not have permission and go ahead with keeping a pet, you will be in breach of your tenancy agreement, and we will ask you to re-home your pet.  A pet permission form should be filled in.

Make alterations to your home

Please discuss any plans you have for alterations with your Housing Officer and your Property Services Officer. You must receive our written permission before going ahead with any alterations to your home. Application for alterations form.

Transfer your tenancy to another household member

If you would like to transfer (assign) your tenancy to another person, the property must have been the only or principal home of that person for at least 12 months before the date of your written request. Please fill in this form.

Take in a lodger or sub-let your home

You will have to complete and return an application form.  This is covered in section 4.1 of your tenancy agreement.  A lodger or sublet application form must be filled in.

Inform us about extended absence from your home

Please speak with your Housing Officer if you plan to be away from your property for more than 4 weeks.  If you are away from home in the winter, remember that if you do not take precautions and water damage occurs, you may be recharged for the repair costs.

Succession of tenancy

Should a tenant die, the Scottish Secure Tenancy Agreement makes provision for the tenancy to be passed on to either a joint tenant(s) or in certain circumstances other household members.  Please contact the Housing Officer as soon as possible, on 01224 625822

All requests will be considered, and we will not refuse your request unreasonably.  If we do we will tell you why.  We will give you our decision in writing as soon as possible.    If you are dissatisfied with our decision, you can appeal using our complaints procedure.


Your Guide To Your Tenancy

We’ve created a handbook with the help of tenants, for tenants. It has been designed as a guide to refer to at the start, during and at the end of your tenancy.

Download Your Handbook

Our Property Locations

We have over 1900 properties across North East Scotland, including general needs, amenity, sheltered, very sheltered, mid-market rent and shared ownership.

View Our Property Map